Where to go for further advice on business waste and recycling:
WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme) have a website with a wealth of waste and recycling information including:
- Business Resource Efficiency Hub
- Hospitality and Food Service Online Resource Centre
- Information sheets for businesses in the hospitality and food service sector
- On Course for Zero Waste (a free online training course for small and medium-sized enterprises and organisations)
- Rethink Waste (a free online resource efficiency training tool for manufacturers)
- The Rippleffect (a water efficiency support package for businesses).
- Zero waste events: achieving success
Environment Agency is the regulatory body ensuring the protection of the environment. They hold information on legislation and which companies have the relevant waste licences.
GOV.UK provides practical advice for businesses on a wide range of topics including waste management and recycling.
Right Waste, right Place – website advice relating to Duty of Care legislation.
NISP (National Industrial Symbiosis Programme) is an organisation that facilitates resource exchange across the UK.
Recycle More is a one-stop recycling information centre where it is possible to find information on recycling in the workplace. The site also provides information on where to find dedicated drop off sites for business waste electrical and electronic equipment.
SW MAS (South West Manufacturing Advisory Service) offer free, independent support to manufacturers advising on a wide range of cost saving methods from eco-design to production process mapping.