Collections from your home
Somerset Waste Partnership provides a range of collection services, as listed below with links to further information.
Collection services provided to homes in Somerset are:
- Sort It Plus kerbside collections with weekly recycling and food waste and fortnightly refuse
- Garden waste collections for subscribers
- Communal collection points for those living in blocks of flats
- Asbestos collections
- Assisted collections for residents who have difficulty moving their refuse or recycling containers
- Bulky waste collections
- Clinical waste collections
Please leave recycling, refuse and garden waste on the edge of your property by 7am (collection times can vary) and no earlier than the night before. Please take care not to obstruct pavements or roads.
From this website, you can check collections days, including revised days after bank holidays, see bad weather guidance and updates, report missed collections and request new or replacement collection containers. There may be a replacement charge covering administration and delivery costs to replace refuse and garden bins which are not damaged by the SWP or their contractors.
A guide to recycling and waste services in Somerset (pdf 284KB) is available to download, which provides details for all of SWP’s main services including kerbside collections and recycling sites.
We also publish a guide for property developers with guidance on design for recycling and waste services requirements.