Somerset Waste Partnership (SWP) has signed up to the Waste Collection Commitment developed by WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) and the Local Government Association (LGA).
The Commitment is based on research into what people like and dislike about their existing services and issues that are important to them. These include regular and reliable collections and clean streets after collections.
By signing the commitment, SWP are reinforcing the message that we are committed to providing a waste and recycling collection service which is right for our residents.
The commitment sets out ten points which the SWP will meet in delivering in our services.
The Waste Collection Commitment
We are committed to providing waste and recycling services which are good value for money and which meet the needs of our residents. This means we will:
1. Explain clearly what services you can expect to receive;
2. Provide regular collections;
3. Provide a reliable collection service;
4. Consider any special requests that individual households may have;
5. Design our services and carry out collections in a way that doesn’t produce litter;
6. Collect as many materials for recycling as we can and explain to you what happens to them;
7. Explain clearly what our service rules are and the reasons for them;
8. Tell you in good time if we have to make changes to your services, even temporarily;
9. Respond to complaints we receive about our services; and
10. Tell all our residents about this commitment to collecting waste.
More information on the Commitment can be found on WRAP’s website.