Keeping your caddy clean
We recommend that kitchen caddies are lined to help keep them and food bins clean.
There are several methods you can use:
- Wrap food waste in newspaper each time you put in caddy (see photos below);
- Line caddy with newspaper (see movie below);
- Line caddy with special compostable liners.
We also advise:
- Do not allow flies access to the contents of your food waste caddy.
- Keep your external food bin out of direct sunlight and the lid shut.
- Containers can be rinsed with water or wiped with a kitchen towel. Also use washing-up liquid if necessary.
- Wash hands and surfaces after handling food.
Wrapping food in newspaper and placing in kitchen caddy
Using newspaper to line kitchen caddy
Use 1 or 2 sheets of paper and overlap round top edge; every 2-3 days or when caddy is full, fold overlap over food; cover with another sheet of newspaper and tuck down to cover before tipping out. For further guidance and to see how done, view our movie: