Grow your own food and save money
Growing your own food is great fun for all the family and can help you cut waste and save money. It’s so satisfying picking food fresh from your garden or window box when you need it and creating tasty meals.
- National Trust Video: Growing your own veg – even without a garden
- National Trust Video: Saving money, time and energy in the garden
- My Zero Waste video: Reusing plastic bottles as slug deterrent
- Royal Horticultural Society’s grow-your-own advice
- BBC gardening guides
- Month by month vegetable gardening in Mrs Thrift’s blog
- Find out more about Somerset Community Food
Want an allotment?
Click here for local allotment contacts, information and advice to get you started.
Make the most of your home-grown produce
From savvy storage tips to tasty recipe ideas, lovefoodhatewaste.com has great advice.
Food co-ops and joint buying schemes can save money, cut packaging and mean less waste: