Creative reuse: furniture
Fed up of tired old furniture? Don’t discard it! Repaint it, recover it, refresh it to give is a new lease of life. Have fun personalising your furniture into something you love.
The most comprehensive collection we have found is the 80+ great DIY furniture refinishing ideas and tutorials collated by Squidoo.
There is also a great collection of specific projects to give furniture a new lease of life from allaboutyou.com. Browse suggestions from transforming a chest of drawers to revamping your garden furniture, and paint projects to upholstering.
Or check out these five ideas and tips on how to revamp furniture.
And for some examples of tutorials to help with specific projects, try
- Your Home Is Lovely beginners guide to revamping wooden furniture with a helpful tips section
- How to transform dining chairs with fabric and paint
- Chair upholstery – a step-by-step guide
- How to make a mosaic tabletop
- How to reupholser a damaged chair cushion and more
- More upholstery project video tutorials, tips and tricks
- Upholstery tips and tricks
If furniture is no longer fit for its original use, you could extend its life by giving it a new purpose. Check out these clever examples.
For more creative reuse ideas