Recycle: Home composting
Compost at home and turn your unwanted garden waste, vegetable peelings and non cooked kitchen waste into a free, nutritious material that puts the goodness back into the garden.
Home compost and you:
Save money – good compost can make excellent soil conditioner; saving time, money and effort.
Improve your environment – the more you compost the less you send to landfill.
Improve your garden – compost puts nutrition back into the soil, improving your garden or allotment.
– Find out about our current offer on reduced price compost bins available through evengreener.com.
– Find out about the Compost Champion scheme in Somerset.
– For basic advice on how to make compost, visit our advice and tips page.
– Find out how to build your own compost bin.
– If you want to find out about wormeries or green cones please visit our other types of compost bins page.