Recycling Centres and Community Recycling Sites
The cost of processing every item taken to a recycling site is paid for through council tax. Help keep council tax down by, for example, home composting or donating items with more life in them to charity shops, Freecycle or furniture reuse stores.
Location map: click on markers for centre and site address details.
Recycling centres and community recycling sites location list
Castle Cary (Dimmer)
Crewkerne Community Recycling Site – £2 entry fee
Dulverton Community Recycling Site – £2 entry fee
• Use of recycling sites is subject to the provisions of the vehicle and trailer permit system.
• Only Household Waste can be taken to sites, except to specific sites with separate, designated Business Waste areas. You may be asked to complete a Household Waste Declaration Form to confirm you only have household waste.
• When materials are deposited at recycling sites, they become the property of the site contractor, Viridor. Separated items are passed on for reuse or recycling and, where this is not possible, sent to costly, wasteful landfill.
• If you bring materials in a commercial van or trailer, you may be asked about the source of the waste and to sign a household waste declaration form.
• Sort recycling and refuse before visiting a site. Staff may open black bags or other containers to ensure all the recycling has been separated.
• If you have a neighbour or relative who cannot carry their own items, you can take materials on their behalf but it must be as an unpaid service.
• Closed Circuit Television and Automatic Number Plate Recognition systems operate on all sites for safety and security.
• *** PLEASE NOTE – Sites may close for a few minutes, from time to time, for your safety while heavy machinery is operating ***
To receive regular service updates, advice on recycling and tips on reducing waste in Somerset, sign up to our FREE Sorted e-newsletter by completing the form below.