Van and trailer permits and data Terms and Conditions
Please be advised of the following van and trailer permits and data Terms and Conditions
- You must bring your permit with you when you attend site with your van or trailer.
- Only a maximum of one van permit and one trailer permit will be allocated per household.
- You accept the restrictions on access for vans and trailers as specified in our Permitted Vehicles guidance page.
- You must not bring waste to a recycling site for which you have taken payment to transport or deposit, even if it is from a household.
- Commercial waste cannot be deposited at any Somerset recycling site under the applied-for permit.
- The site operator (Viridor) has instructions to enquire as to the origin of waste being deposited if they suspect the waste is not from your household.
- Somerset Waste Partnership reserves the right to make further enquiries regarding the source of the waste and, if found to have originated from a commercial source; will seek to take legal action against the vehicle driver.
- The site operator (Viridor) has the authority to refuse use of the site to anyone suspected of depositing commercial waste as household waste.
- Failure to comply with the site operator’s compliance checks may result in the withdrawal of your permit.
- Permits are not transferable and should be destroyed if you no longer use the van or the towing vehicle(s) for which the details are shown on the permit. A new permit with the correct vehicle details will be required by making a new application.
- All permits remain the property of Somerset Waste Partnership and will be withdrawn if these terms and conditions are breached.
- These terms and conditions, and others relating to use of recycling sites and other waste services, may be changed at any time without prior warning.
- On entering any Somerset Waste Partnership site your Vehicle Registration Number Plate will be recorded by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition system (ANPR) & Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) cameras. These are in operation on all Household Waste Recycling Centres and Community Recycling Sites across Somerset.
- Your data will be used by Somerset Waste Partnership (SWP) for the purposes of processing your permit application, monitoring site usage, advising you of permit system changes and renewal reminders.
- Use of this permit scheme is solely for Somerset residents with a residential address within the County.